I encountered some problems while trying to compile Revit Lookup 2016 using the procedure described on the archi-lab.net page for Revit 2014. It didn’t work. SharpDevelop couldn’t build solution.
Instead of reading it I tried to download the compiled version 2016 from the Internet. Kindly Troy Gates shares it on his blog – Revit Coaster. But it didn’t work either. I received this error.
It can also be accessed through the top menu Project > Project Options..
I changed it to the existing folder in …bin\Debug\ and all went fine.
SharpDevelope nicely compiled the project and put two files RevitLookup.addin and RevitLookup.dll automatically in: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016
Revit started with Revit lookup 2016 already installed.
The complete procedure to Install Revit Lookup 2016 looks like this:
- Download the latest Revit Lookup 2016 from https://github.com/jeremytammik/RevitLookup/releases
- Open SharpDevelop. It should be installed automatically with revit 2016. You can find the SharpDevelop.exe file in here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2016\SDA\bin
- Drag and drop RevitLookup.csproj to the Projects Panel.
- Remove existing References from Projects Panel to RevitAPI and RevitAPIUI.
- Add references to the RevitAPI.dll and RevitAPIUI.dll that can be found in the main Revit folder at: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2016
Right click on References:Go to .NET Assembly Browser and click on the Browse… button.Go to the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2016 location and add the RevitAPI.dll and RevitAPIUI.dll file.
- Amend the Output Path in menu Project >Project Options.. > Compiling to any existing folderif you have an error like me.
- Hit Build Solutions button and watch for errors. If it says that it was Build Successfully then you are good to go.The RevitLookup.addin and RevitLookup.dll will be saved in: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016
If you get bunch of warnings with it, its OK as long as its compiled successfully. I didn’t have any.
If you want to use ProgramData instead, copy RevitLookup.addin and RevitLookup.dll to:
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016 and remove them from:
- Open Revit and check if Lookup 2016 is in the Add-Ins tab.
I hope I helped.