Today something exiting and extraordinary for all fanatic of Sketchup and especially for those who love to build organic and non-linear structures.
This plugin will throw you from your seat !!! 😉
You can download it here: Software download page
It allows you to span membrane-like surfaces between any kind of edges* in closed loop and then…
BLOW THEM UP !!!
*some restrictions apply: Lines can not overlap!
There are 6 buttons in a toolbar:
- Skin – allow you to create a surface (look below how).
- X/Y – allows you to stress the surface between X or Y direction.
- Bub – allows you to blow up a surface in both directions.
- Play – allow you to resume modification process after Stop.
- Stop – allow you to stop live modification process.
- Help – it’s a link to a developer website.
It’s definitely an inexhaustible source of ideas for creative people. Moreover after you create a structure, after you play with it, you can modify it with other Sketchup tools and plugins and still be able again to blow it or tense it up!
TIP: You can blow up a surface using ether positive (+) or negative (-) values. Positive values will blow up a surface from a back side of faces. Negative from it front side.
What will happened when reverse normals only on a part of a created surface?